The causes of insomnia during pregnancy and the ways of combating it
Sleep study center comes to your rescue when you suffer insomnia during pregnancy. Almost 75% of women suffer from insomnia when they are pregnant and this problem can be slight or chronic. Most women suffer frequent urination, leg cramps and too much stress. Poor quality sleep when you are expecting is the result of anxiety and stress. Women find it difficult to sleep and wake up more often in the night. If you are pregnant and suffer from insomnia, it is important to check with the sleep doctor in some reliable clinic.
Causes of insomnia discussed
Lack of sleep during conception can be trigged by any of the following factors:
- Discomfort because of increase in the size of abdomen
- Heartburn and acid reflux
- Headache and nausea
- Frequent urination after going to bed
- Anxiety, stress and tension
- Feeling excited about the arrival of the baby
- Hormonal changes
- Vivid dreams
Lot of women already has too many things in their minds. Due to the added stress put on the stomach by the fetus, women lose sleep. Staying relaxed is a most important factor if you want to get a good night sleep.
Ways of combating insomnia
If you suffer from sleeplessness during pregnancy, it is only a sleep doctor who can diagnose your sleep apnea condition. People with any kind of sleep disorder may get treated in the sleep center. The doctor will do certain tests and prescribe easy remedies to enhance sleep. The doctor can suggest any of the following ways:
- Prescribing newer sleep positions so that you get better sleep
- He can ask you to do certain yoga exercises before going to the bed to get rid insomnia and relax the body and the mind.
- The doctor will ask you to prepare your room in a way that it is suitable for sleeping. Certain relaxing music can assist you go off to sleep
- Some of the relaxation techniques to relax your mind
When you visit a sleep center, the doctor will examine your sleep habits after asking a few questions. You will be asked about the medication and the vitamin pills you are consuming. Then, he/she will put electrodes in various points of your body. This way, the breathing patterns, the body movement and brain activity will be analyzed. So, get in touch with a sleep specialist, if you are pregnant and insomnia patient.