Pros And Cons of A Ductless AC
With times changing, people like to keep up with the evolving pace of technology. This is why Ductless AC replacement is becoming a popular choice amongst modern day customers. It looks modern and elite as well as appearing to be very handy in its functionality too. If you have any plans to buy a Ductless AC, our top recommendation would be a model from the Mitsubishi Ductless AC range. However, there are hundreds of other options to explore as well. In this article, we are not concerned with talking about which AC you should invest in. Rather we are going to be throwing light on the prominent pros and cons that are associated with ductless ACs. However, let’s first take a look at the brief history of ductless ACs.
Overview of Ductless AC Replacement
As the name indicates, a ductless AC is a cooling appliance that comes without any attached duct or cord. By ductless ACs we normally refer to the modern day ‘split air conditioners’ that are miles apart in looks and functionality from average window air conditioners.
Popularity of Ductless AC Replacement
Split air conditioners and mini-split ACs first became popular in the European part of the world. Later onwards they also became a popular choice for Japanese and Chinese users. Mitsubishi ductless AC range of products is solid evidence for that. Gradually these air conditioning appliances became popular all around the world. Today, they are a top choice for users and have definitely replaced window ACs in the lives of people.
Pros of Ductless Air Conditioners
- The first highlight benefit of ductless ACs is that it does not restrict its users to fix the Ac in one particular spot. It offers enough flexibility and freedom to the users to choose where they want to get the ductless AC installed.
- An undeniable benefit that is much known of is the dramatically lower electricity bills of split ACs. It is almost 5 times less than what windows AC bills cost.
- These air conditioners are 100% healthy for the people. There is no gas or ducts involved which eliminate all chances of spread of germs or bacteria in form of dust or dirt.
- They are modern in its outlook and design. This is one of the biggest highlight features that it has to offer to the users. It is very chic and modern in its looks. This definitely is a plus point – the physical attraction.
- They are very quiet and silent in its functionality. These ACs do not create any unwanted disturbance around you.
Cons of Ductless Air Conditioners
- The first letdown feature for split AC or Mitsubishi Ductless AC is that they cost a lot. They are much pricier and expensive than what an average person would like to pay and it definitely makes these air conditioners a little unaffordable.
- It takes up a lot of space on the wall as it is wide in its length. This might not be appreciated by some users.