All About Laminate Countertops – The Most Affordable Countertops
When you visit any countertop company to see or buy countertops for your kitchen, you will be shown a variety of materials, designs, and colors. If you have a tight budget or want a completely new thing for your kitchen countertop then laminate countertops are the best option for you.
What Are Laminate Countertops?
Laminate countertops came into existence in the 1960s, in the time where granite and marble were the tops used natural stones for countertops and of course the most expensive ones. Laminate countertops were created by the paper to give the same look as stone and were the most affordable option.
The demand for laminate went down when quartz became popular. Nowadays, it is again becoming popular due to its innovations and techniques in a more sturdy and high-quality material, a variety of designs and a wide array of colors to choose from.
Being the most affordable of all countertop materials, it is now finding its way into the most expensive of homes. If you visit any famous brand of countertop company, they will surely persuade you to buy laminate countertops.
How Is Laminate Paper Made?
Lamination for countertops is made of for layers. The lowest layer is the kraft paper which resembles the material of grocery paper and hard card paper, which is further hardened by resin to form a durable surface. Above it, a decorative layer is attached which has designs, patterns, and colors. The third layer is a material which contains aluminum oxide to avoid wear and tear and damage to the surface and the last layer is a transparent layer which acts as a protective layer and a sealant. The result is a lightweight, durable material which is not heavy on the pocket. You can search for any countertop installer near me and call them to install your laminate countertops.
Advantages of Laminate Countertops
- Lamination is heat resistant just like quartz.
- It is the most affordable option available.
- It is more stain resistant as compared to granite and marble.
- It is extremely versatile and can take the look of any expensive natural stone such as marble, granite or quartz. You cannot even find the difference between laminate and any other solid surface.
- It comes in many design option and a variety of colors to chose from.
- It is easy to install and can be installed at home due to its lightweight nature. For more longevity, it is better to get it installed by a professional. You can search for any countertop installer near me and get your laminate countertop installed.
- It is very durable for everyday use in the kitchen.
- It does not support mold or bacteria growth and is low maintenance. It can be cleaned easily and does not need any specialized cleaning products.
- All the branded countertop company sell laminates.
Disadvantages of Laminate
- Avoid using sharp objects such as knives and forks on the laminate countertops as they can be easily scratched.
- Laminate countertops do not have any resale value and give no return on investment.
You can easily buy the laminations sheets for your countertop and then search for a kitchen countertop installer rockville to get it installed in your kitchen.